#Engines Off Campaign
There is emerging evidence that air pollution is linked to poor recovery rates and higher infection rates of COVID19 due to the negative effects it has on the lungs. Now more than ever, we need to be doing all we can to prevent air pollution and clean up our air to save more lives. Therefore, Idling Action’s #enginesoff campaign, launching on 3rd August, is specifically asking fleets and businesses to support our project and pledge to act on idling in order to cut dangerous vehicle emissions and help protect the respiratory health of Londoners.
As part of the #enginesoff pledge, Idling Action provides free driver education sessions and a toolkit of resources to businesses, whose operations involve fleets, professional drivers, or employees who travel by car to work, and want to arm their staff with the knowledge of how best to reduce air pollution and protect their health, and ask them to pledge as drivers the simple action of not idling their vehicle engines.
If appropriate, the short driver education session can take place live via a webinar or an education video can be provided for your use.
How to get involved
You can support our campaign by utilising our free resources in any or all of the following ways:
- Educate your drivers using our workshop
- Driver education workshop for fleet and business drivers so they do not understand why they should not contribute to unnecessary air pollution by idling.
- Ask your drivers to take the #EnginesOff pledge
- Implement supporting policies by using our template engine idling and template green vehicle procurement and management policies
- Promote the campaign by using our car stickers in your vehicles; using our logo on the corporate social responsibility section of your website; display our posters; share our @idlingaction tweets and tell your customers that you support the campaign
- Take part in an Idling Action event – we can help you arrange a day of direct action utilising volunteers to head out and speak directly to idling vehicles around your site*
*This activity is currently on hold due to COVID-19 and will recommence when it is safe to do so